Hot Showers and premature agingOne Water Systems
In today’s society, everyone showers and bathes in heavily chlorinated water on a regular basis. Chlorine is a useful chemical that is used to treat our tap water and make it safe for drinking. Unfortunately it is also a toxic and abrasive chemical substance that is extremely irritating on human skin and lungs. When you take a shower, the heat opens up your pores and your skin absorbs large amounts of chlorine from both the water and the steam. Chlorine has an oxidizing affect on human skin because it splits hydrogen from water, causing the release of nascent oxygen and hydrogen chloride. These gas compounds have been scientifically proven to cause tissue damage to our bodies at the molecular level.