Free Drinking Water Test for San Diego HomesHunter Worsfold
WATER TESTS ENSURE SAFE DRINKING WATER
Well known for its awesome location, San Diego is a wonderful city situated in Southern California just north of the border from Tijuana, Mexico. The eighth largest city in the US, San Diego itself has over 1.3 million residents and San Diego County is home to over 3 million. San Diego is also known for attracting numerous tourists with its mesmerizing beauty and plentiful outdoor activities. Something you may not know about San Diego is that its water supply comes from rivers and reservoirs across the southwest and is heavily treated resulting in less than ideal drinking water quality.
The state-mandated City of San Diego’s Annual Drinking Water report also known as the Consumer Confidence Report gives all details about the water quality of San Diego. The 2015 report says that every water agency will have to produce an annual report of the previous year informing customers about the quality of the supplied drinking water. The report does state that to date, drinking water of San Diego has never measured beyond a certain level of contamination and the water quality has maintained a standard worth noting.
While the city and water agencies do all they can to maintain acceptable water quality for all residents, many areas receive drinking water that leaves some to be desired. Here are a few things to look out for:
- Microbial contaminants-The San Diego drinking water tests look for viruses and bacteria in water that may come from sewage treatment plants, septic systems, agricultural livestock operations and wildlife. If water is not treated properly, these microbes can cause diarrhoea, cramps, nausea, jaundice, headaches and fatigue.
- Inorganic contaminants-Drinking water of San Diego is tested for freedom from salts and metals like arsenic that can be naturally occurring or can result from urban water runoff, industrial or domestic waste water discharges, oil and gas production, mining or farming. These can cause cancer or skin lesions.
- Pesticides and herbicides-These may come from a variety of sources like agriculture, urban storm water runoff and residential uses. Naturally, when these can kill other living pests and insects, why not humans? Hence, it is very important for the drinking water to be devoid of these pesticides and herbicides. San Diego water quality tests ensure freedom from any danger from these contaminants.
- Organic chemical contaminants-These are the synthetic and volatile organic chemicals that are by-products of industrial processes and petroleum production, gas stations, urban storm water runoff, agricultural application and septic systems. Their presence in water can cause serious harm to your health like respiratory problems and allergies. San Diego water test makes sure that drinking water is free from these contaminants.
- Radioactive contaminants-These can be naturally occurring or may be the result of oil and gas production and mining activities. They can make you prey to the Acute Radiation Syndrome (ARS), Radiation injury, mental hazards and even cancer. San Diego water quality report makes sure every year by tests that the drinking water is free from such radio-active contamination.
- Preserved minerals in water-The drinking water of San Diego always passes through the mineral test to ensure that the vital minerals sodium, calcium, magnesium and iron that are beneficial for the health of people is preserved and maintained in the proper quantity.
The US Environmental Protection Agency and the State Water Resources Control Board prescribe regulations that limit the presence of these above mentioned contaminants in water provided by public water systems to preserve the safe and ensured water quality. Water is treated before it is finally supplied as drinking water. Moreover, a large number of companies offer the most scientific and natural water filter systems so that the required natural quality of drinking water is not hampered.
FREE WATER TEST
Does all of that make you feel safe? It doesn’t for us. That’s why we’re willing to offer you and your family a completely free home water test with ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION. If you would like us to test for the above contaminants, color, odor, etc and provide you with a full report, please contact our office directly for details. We’ll also do our best to answer all of your questions about what can be done about poor water quality. Our expert staff are very knowledgeable and will treat you and your home with respect. That’s the One Water Difference. Appointments fill up quickly each week so get a hold of us and schedule your test today.